|DR LIBAN MOHAMED, DDS|
Meet Your Dentist, Liban Mohamed, DDS
Dr Liban Mohamed graduated from the University of Melbourne, initially completing the Bachelor of Biomedicine prior to his postgraduate Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS).
Dr Mohamed has received numerous awards and achievements including:
- Australian Society of Periodontology Prize – Awarded for highest academic achievement in Periodontology for the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Frances Gray Prize – Awarded for highest academic achievement in General Dentistry
- Lewis Prize – Awarded for highest academic achievement in Clinical Dentistry
- The Dean’s honours list – Awarded to final year students who consistently achieved highest grades throughout the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
He began his blossoming journey as a dentist at community-based clinics, providing all aspects of general and emergency dentistry whilst at the same time developing an eye for the art and cosmetics in dentistry.
Special Interests / Areas of Focus
Liban’s main passion is providing cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics in a calm and relaxed environment for all patients, especially those whom are anxious and nervous. He has invested much time, resources and expenses to travel, getting vast experience and education in Invisalign clear aligner therapy, traditional fixed braces and early intervention orthopaedics which is aimed at modifying the growth of the jaws in order to resolve crowding and other forms of malalignment. He is a strong believer that orthodontics should not only focus on alignment of teeth but also to improve facial profile.
Liban has many years of experience in dealing with complex smile design and reconstruction cases using porcelain crowns, veneers and dental implants. He has worked alongside Melbourne’s leading dental laboratory’s using advanced digital smile design technology to help his patients achieve long lasting, healthy smile makeovers.
Wisdom Teeth and Dental Implantology
Another of Liban’s key interests is wisdom teeth removal and dental implantology which led him to complete The International Academy of Advanced Dentistry (IAAD) Comprehensive Implantology program as well as an Oral Surgery Wisdom teeth post graduate program. His unique combination of education and training allows him to implement cutting-edge treatment, offering patients comprehensive, predictable and long-term treatment solutions.
Gentle and Compassionate
Together with his extensive experience dealing with complex dental conditions, Liban brings a compassionate and gentle manner to his patients. His treatment philosophy is centred on prevention and lifelong quality dentistry. His interests outside of dentistry include spending quality time with his wife and kids as well as supporting his beloved Arsenal and Carlton.
Continuing Education Courses
Some of the Continuing Education courses that Dr Liban has completed over the years:
- International Academy of Advanced Dentistry (IAAD) Comprehensive Orthodontic program
- International Academy of Advanced Dentistry (IAAD) Comprehensive Implantology program
- Treatment of anxious & nervous patients:
- The use of Nitrous Oxide Inhalational Sedation (happy gas)
- Relaxation techniques (Australian Dental Association)
- Advanced clear aligner therapy: certified Invisalign provider
- Restoring Excellence: Rapid Efficient Treatment Planning for Complex Cases
- The Advanced Direct Composite and Ceramic esthetic restoration Mini-Residency
- Advanced Oral Surgery Mini-residency
- Advanced Root Canal Treatment course: Biochemical Irrigation, Rotary Instrumentation & Obturation
- Aesthetic Sculpting of Composite resin program