|DR SHEHAN WARUSEVITANE, BDS|
Meet Your Local Dentist, Dr Shehan Warusevitane, BDS
Dr Shehan graduated from the University of Otago in New Zealand with a Bachelor of Dentistry in 2007. He started his career working closely with dental specialists at a public hospital gaining valuable skills and experience before embarking on to private practice. Dr Shehan moved to Melbourne in 2011 and became the owner and principal dentist of Dentists of Ivanhoe in 2015.
Expertise and Special Interests
Dr Shehan performs all aspects of general dentistry; his expertise and special interests lie in the fields of:
- Cosmetic dentistry, including smile makeovers
- Dental implants
- Wisdom teeth surgery
- Clear aligner orthodontics such as Invisalign
Certified Invisalign Provider
Dr Shehan is a certified Invisalign provider and utilises Digital Smile Design (DSD) to digitally show his patients the expected outcome of a smile makeover prior to going ahead with the treatment.
An experienced dentist with over 10 years in private practice.
- Warusevitane S: Is there a need for antibiotics in the removal of asymptomatic wisdom teeth? NZDA News 2010; 26-29
- A review of literature: Treatment of root surface in delayed tooth replantion (SR Panzarini, JL Gulinelli, WR Poi, CK Sonoda, D Pedrini, DA Brandini. Dental Traumatology 2008; 24:277-282) published in NZDA Branch newsletter, May 2010
- Step-Up Scholarship granted by the Ministry of Education, New Zealand
Keeping up with the latest dental techniques, research and technology is important to ensure the continued well being of his patients’ oral health. As such, Dr Shehan regularly participates in continuing dental education. Some of his most recent studies include:
- 1-year Master Clinician Programme in Implant Dentistry (gIDE Institute)
- 1-year Post graduate Diploma in Digital Orthodontics (BOSS)
- Implant surgical training (Dental Implantology Academy)
- Implant Planning – Single through full arch
- Certified Digital Smile Design (DSD) Protocol
- Invisalign clear aligner certification
- Superior composites by Dr Buddy Mopper
- Advanced education in Dental Practice
- Training in Intravenous Conscious Sedation certified by the New Zealand Society for Sedation in Dentistry
Colleagues and friends would describe Dr Shehan as generous, caring and friendly, and someone who always has a smile on his face. His mission is to build lifelong relationships with his patients and their family and friends. Dr Shehan believes in guiding his patients to choosing a lifelong plan to optimise their oral health that suits their individual needs. He is an active member in the community and served as a committee member of the Ivanhoe Traders’ Association.
Dr. Shehan lives with his wife and two young daughters in Ivanhoe. Outside of the dental practice, he spends most of his time with his beautiful family. In his spare time, he enjoys staying fit and healthy by training at his local F45 gym and loves to get out on the golf course whenever he can.
Languages Spoken: English and Sinhalese.