Alphington is located in the LGA of Yarra, which is in the state of Victoria. Bounded by the Yarra River to the south and the Darebin Creek to the east
- Population (approx.): 5,000
- Geo coordinates: 37.78°S, 145.023°E
- Postcodes: 3078
- Local government areas: are the Cities of Darebin and Yarra
- St. John’s Greek Orthodox College
- Distance Education Centre, Victoria
- Santa Maria College, Melbourne
- Northcote Primary School
- Thornbury High School
- Alphington Grammar School
- Ivanhoe Grammar School
- Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School
Nearby Rail Stations
- Fulham Grange railway station
- Fairfield railway station, Melbourne
- Alphington railway station
- Dennis railway station
- Darebin railway station
- Westgarth railway station
- Ivanhoe railway station, Melbourne
- Clifton Hill railway station
- Merri railway station
- Northcote railway station
- Willsmere railway station
- Grange Road, Adelaide
- Chandler Highway
Lakes and Rivers
- Yarra River
- Darebin Creek
Nearby Towns and Suburbs
- Fairfield is to the west.
- Northcote is 2 km to the north-west.
- Thornbury is 2 km to the north-west.
- Abbotsford is 3 km to the south-west.
- Kew is 3 km to the south.
- Clifton Hill is 3 km to the south-west.
- Bellfield is 3 km to the north-east.
- Kew East is 3 km to the south-east.
- Preston is 3 km to the north.
- Ivanhoe is 3 km to the east.
- Collingwood is 3 km to the south-west.
- North Fitzroy is 4 km to the west.
- Fitzroy is 4 km to the south-west.
- Brunswick East is 4 km to the west.
- Hawthorn is 4 km to the south.
- Richmond is 4 km to the south-west.
- Carlton North is 4 km to the west.
- Heidelberg West is 4 km to the north.
- Heidelberg Heights is 5 km to the north-east.
Things to Do and See Nearby
- The Fairfield Industrial Dog Object (near Wingrove Street and Station Street) is a huge sculpture in hardwood of a dog, and is located beside the Fairfield railway station.
- Darebin Creek Bridge (near Darebin Creek Trail and Heidelberg Road) is a bluestone masonry arch and concrete road bridge on Heidelberg road.
- The Darebin International Sports Centre (near Darebin Road and Sparks Avenue) is home to three different sports, the State Lawn Bowls Centre, the State Cycling Centre and the State’s Football Centre.
- The John Cain Memorial Reserve (near Clarendon Street and Sparks Avenue) is an Australian soccer ground.
- Yarra Bend Park
- Alexandra Gardens which is on 3 Boathouse Drive.
- Melbourne Zoo which is on Elliott Ave, Parkville.
- Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria – Melbourne Gardens which is on Birdwood Avenue, South Yarra.
- Shrine of Remembrance which is on Birdwood Ave, Melbourne and has approx. 3958 reviews, with an average of a 4.7 star rating.
- Como House & Garden which is on Williams Rd & Lechlade Ave, South Yarra and has approx. 224 reviews, with an average of a 4.3 star rating.
- The Old Treasury Building which is on 20 Spring Street, Melbourne and has approx. 767 reviews, with an average of a 4.5 star rating.
- Central Park which is on 148 Burke Road, Malvern East and has approx. 339 reviews, with an average of a 4.5 star rating.
- Melbourne Airport which is on Departure Dr.
- Essendon Fields Airport which is on 72 Hargrave Avenue, Essendon Fields.
- Melbourne Helipad which is on Batman Park, 2a Spencer Street.
Nearby Amusement Parks
- Luna Park Melbourne which is on 18 Lower Esplanade, St Kilda and has approx. 4437 reviews, with an average of a 4 star rating.
- Playtime Crown which is on Crown Entertainment Complex, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank and has approx. 268 reviews, with an average of a 4.1 star rating.
- Theme Parks Direct which is on 658 Church Street, Richmond and has approx. 3 reviews, with an average of a 3.7 star rating.
- Splashland which is on Gate 2, Station Street, Caulfield East and has approx. 27 reviews, with an average of a 3.2 star rating.
- Santa’s Magical Kingdom which is on Caulfield Racecourse, Caulfield East and has approx. 33 reviews, with an average of a 3.8 star rating.
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne which is on Level 2/1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone and has approx. 1346 reviews, with an average of a 3.9 star rating.