Northcote is located in the LGA of Darebin, which is in the state of Victoria. Northcote is an inner suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 6 km north-east of Melbourne’s Central Business District.
- Population (approx.): 23,000
- Geo coordinates: 37.7722°S, 144.9994°E
- Postcode: 3070
- Northcote Primary School
- Santa Maria College
- Northcote High School
- Fitzroy High School
- Brunswick South Primary School
- Distance Education Centre, Victoria
- Thornbury High School
- Samaritan Catholic College
- Sydney Road Community School
- Princes Hill Secondary College
- St. John’s Greek Orthodox College
- Antonine College
Nearby Rail Stations
- Northcote railway station
- Merri railway station
- Croxton railway station
- Westgarth railway station
- Dennis railway station
- Rushall railway station
- Fairfield railway station, Melbourne
- Clifton Hill railway station
- Thornbury railway station, Melbourne
- North Fitzroy railway station
- Fulham Grange railway station
- Fitzroy railway station
- Alphington railway station
- Bell railway station, Melbourne
- North Carlton railway station
- Victoria Park railway station, Melbourne
- Darebin railway station
- Merri Creek
- Darebin Creek
- Yarra River
Nearby Towns and Suburbs
- Thornbury is 1 km to the north.
- Fairfield is 1 km to the south-east.
- Brunswick East is 2 km to the west.
- North Fitzroy is 2 km to the south-west.
- Clifton Hill is 2 km to the south.
- Preston is 2 km to the north-east.
- Brunswick is 2 km to the west.
- Abbotsford is 3 km to the south.
- Carlton North is 3 km to the south-west.
- Alphington is 3 km to the south-east.
- Fitzroy is 3 km to the south-west.
- Collingwood is 3 km to the south.
- Coburg is 3 km to the north-west.
- Bellfield is 4 km to the north-east.
- Carlton is 4 km to the south-west.
- Parkville is 4 km to the west.
- Kew is 4 km to the south-east.
- Brunswick West is 4 km to the west.
- East Melbourne is 5 km to the south.
Things to Do and See In Northcote
- Northcote Shopping Plaza (near Separation Street and Balgonie Place) is a sub regional shopping centre.
- Rushall Garden (near Rushall Crescent and Park Street) is a community garden situated on former railway land.
- The CERES Community Environment Park (near Roberts Street and Stewart Street) is a urban environmental centre.
- Melbourne Zoo which is on Elliott Ave, Parkville and has approx. 1628 reviews, with an average of a 4.2 star rating.
- Alexandra Gardens which is on 3 Boathouse Drive, Melbourne and has approx. 514 reviews, with an average of a 4.5 star rating.
- Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria – Melbourne Gardens which is on Birdwood Avenue, South Yarra and has approx. 6330 reviews, with an average of a 4.8 star rating.
- Shrine of Remembrance which is on Birdwood Ave, Melbourne and has approx. 3958 reviews, with an average of a 4.7 star rating.
- Como House & Garden which is on Williams Rd & Lechlade Ave, South Yarra and has approx. 224 reviews, with an average of a 4.3 star rating.
- Flagstaff Gardens which is on 309-311 William Street, West Melbourne and has approx. 2518 reviews, with an average of a 4.5 star rating.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL) is on Departure Dr.
- Essendon Fields Airport which is on 72 Hargrave Avenue.
- Melbourne Helipad which is on Batman Park.
Nearby Amusement Parks
- Luna Park Melbourne which is on 18 Lower Esplanade, St Kilda and has approx. 4437 reviews, with an average of a 4 star rating.
- Playtime Crown which is on Crown Entertainment Complex, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank and has approx. 268 reviews, with an average of a 4.1 star rating.
- Funfields which is on 2365 Plenty Road, Whittlesea and has approx. 1429 reviews, with an average of a 4.3 star rating.
- BOUNCEinc Blackburn which is on 22 Joseph Street, Blackburn North and has approx. 545 reviews, with an average of a 4.4 star rating.
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne which is on Level 2/1341 Dandenong Road, Chadstone and has approx. 1346 reviews, with an average of a 3.9 star rating.
Driving Directions from Northcote to our Dental Clinic
- Head east on Mitchell St towards Oldis Ave
- Turn left on Station St towards State Route 21
- Turn right on State Route 21
- turn onto Waterdale Rd which then becomes Seddon St once you pass over Upper Heidelberg Rd.
- The dental practice is on the left. Parking is in front of the building.