Preston is located in the county of Darebin, which is in the state of Victoria. Preston is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 9 km north from the Melbourne central business district. Its local government area is the City of Darebin.
- Population (approx.): 30,000
- Geo coordinates: 37.743°S, 145.008°E
- Postcodes: 3072
Local Schools & Colleges
- Samaritan Catholic College
- Thornbury High School
- Distance Education Centre, Victoria
- Antonine College
- Reservoir High School (Victoria)
- Coburg High School
- Peter Lalor Vocational College
- Charles La Trobe College
- Banksia Latrobe Secondary College
- Santa Maria College, Melbourne
- Northcote Primary School
- Northcote High School
- La Trobe University
- Deutsche Schule Melbourne
Nearby Rail Stations
- Bell railway station
- East Preston tram depot
- Reservoir railway station
- Preston railway station
- Thornbury railway station
- Regent railway station
- Croxton railway station
- Reservoir railway station
- Northcote railway station
- Ruthven railway station
- Coburg railway station
- Dennis railway station
Main Roads in Preston
- Regent Street
- Flinders Street, Melbourne
- Gower Street, London
- State (Bell/Springvale) Highway
- Bourke Street, Melbourne
Rivers in the Area
- Darebin Creek
- Yarra River
Nearby Towns and Suburbs
- Thornbury is 1 km to the south.
- Northcote is 2 km to the south.
- Heidelberg West is 2 km to the east.
- Bellfield is 2 km to the south-east.
- Coburg is 3 km to the west.
- Kingsbury is 4 km to the north-east.
- Fairfield is 4 km to the south.
- Heidelberg Heights is 4 km to the east.
- Coburg North is 4 km to the west.
- Brunswick is 4 km to the south-west.
- Brunswick East is 4 km to the south-west.
- Fawkner is 4 km to the north-west.
- Alphington is 5 km to the south-east.
- Heidelberg is 5 km to the east.
- Rosanna is 5 km to the east.
- Macleod is 5 km to the east.
- Pascoe Vale South is 5 km to the west.
- North Fitzroy is 5 km to the south-west.
Things to Do and See In Preston
- East Preston tram depot (near Plenty Road and Livingstone Parade was opened in 1955 to service the reintroduction of trams to Bourke Street.
- The Preston & Northcote Community Hospital (near Bell Street and South Street), sometimes referred to as PANCH was a former hospital which was relocated to the Northern Hospital in Epping.
- 3KND (near High Street and Dalgety Street) is a community radio station.
- The Northcote Koori Mural (near St Georges Road and St Georges Road Trail) was designed by former Northcote High School art teacher Megan Evans in collaboration with members of the Thornbury-based Aborigines Advancement League.
- The Northland Shopping Centre (near Hannah Street and Jensen Road) is the largest predominantly single-level shopping centre in Melbourne.
- The Olympic Park (Village) (near Darebin Creek Trail and Southern Road) was built for the 1956 Olympic Games, now mainly used for soccer.
- BIG4 Melbourne Holiday Park which is on 265 Elizabeth Street, Coburg and has approx. 351 reviews, with an average of a 4.1 star rating.
- Melbourne Zoo which is on Elliott Ave, Parkville and has approx. 1628 reviews, with an average of a 4.2 star rating.
- Alexandra Gardens which is on 3 Boathouse Drive, Melbourne and has approx. 514 reviews, with an average of a 4.5 star rating.
- Birrarung Marr which is on Australia and has approx. 1417 reviews, with an average of a 4.4 star rating.
- The Old Treasury Building which is on 20 Spring Street, Melbourne and has approx. 767 reviews, with an average of a 4.5 star rating.
- Little Veggie Patch Co which is on 161a Heidelberg Road, Northcote and has approx. 14 reviews, with an average of a 4.4 star rating.
- Pots Center which is on 1289 Sydney Road, Fawkner and has approx. 8 reviews, with an average of a 4.5 star rating.
- Bellbird Park which is on Bellbird Road, Kew and has approx. 70 reviews, with an average of a 4.6 star rating.
- Fitzroy Gardens which is on Wellington Parade, East Melbourne and has approx. 2858 reviews, with an average of a 4.6 star rating.
- Princes Park which is on 240-564 Royal Parade, Carlton North and has approx. 404 reviews, with an average of a 4.6 star rating.
- Melbourne Airport (MEL).
- Essendon Fields Airport which is on 72 Hargrave Avenue.
- Melbourne Helipad which is on Batman Park.
Nearby Amusement Parks
- Luna Park Melbourne which is on 18 Lower Esplanade, St Kilda and has approx. 4437 reviews, with an average of a 4 star rating.
- Playtime Crown which is on Crown Entertainment Complex, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank and has approx. 268 reviews, with an average of a 4.1 star rating.
- Funfields which is on 2365 Plenty Road, Whittlesea and has approx. 1429 reviews, with an average of a 4.3 star rating.
- Inflatable World which is on 39 Clements Avenue, Bundoora and has approx. 115 reviews, with an average of a 3.9 star rating.
- Theme Parks Direct which is on 658 Church Street, Richmond and has approx. 3 reviews, with an average of a 3.7 star rating.
- Kids Dream Parties which is on 90 Gordon Street, Footscray and has approx. 3 reviews, with an average of a 3.7 star rating.
- Airborn Indoor Trampoline Park which is on 2/195 Somerton Road, Roxburgh Park and has approx. 141 reviews, with an average of a 4.3 star rating.
- BOUNCEinc Blackburn which is on 22 Joseph Street, Blackburn North and has approx. 545 reviews, with an average of a 4.4 star rating.
- Splashland which is on Gate 2, Station Street, Caulfield East and has approx. 27 reviews, with an average of a 3.2 star rating.
- Santa’s Magical Kingdom which is on Caulfield Racecourse, Caulfield East and has approx. 33 reviews, with an average of a 3.8 star rating.