Many people in their teens would love to have nice looking teeth, but never had the opportunity to get them corrected. Finally, as an adult, you have a bit more disposable income and decided that it’s time to have orthodontic treatment. There are quite a few options available today to treat crooked teeth in adults. There is the traditional type of metal braces, however, one of the most popular treatments today is Invisalign, often referred to as invisible braces.
When you begin your Invisalign treatment, we will set you up with some basic supplies: a small bag to store your clear aligners, two storage cases, and possibly some EverSmile (this is an aligner cleaner you can find in the stores).
Beyond these basic supplies, there are a couple of items our patients have found to be useful to take care of your aligner trays. They’re easy to find, and you’ll be glad you have them.
- A small bag to hold your supplies which allows you to keep everything handy wherever you might be.
- A travel toothbrush. They’re small and are very easy to use and keep clean.
- Travel toothpaste: You’ll find that major toothpaste brands make a travel size. It is usually with the travel supplies in the shops.
- A foam cleanser such as EverSmile. You don’t want to use toothpaste or denture cleaner to clean the aligners.
- Lip balm. You may find your lips drying out when wearing Invisalign.
- Dental floss. Because Invisalign covers your teeth, your natural saliva can’t rinse around your teeth. You may experience bad breath as those bits of food get stuck between your teeth. Flossing after every meal will help to keep your teeth clean while they’re being straightened
- Pain relief tablets such as Panadol or Nurofen will help easy any pain you may have as your teeth adjust to the new aligners.
- An extra aligner case. We will provide you with two cases, one for your current set of aligners and another for your previous set. We suggest you place one of these cases in your travel bag.
Here are a few quick tips to help you make your Invisalign experience more enjoyable.
Before every meal, whether at home or at a restaurant, remove your aligners. After you’ve eaten, brush your teeth and rinse out the aligners with tap water. Don’t use any toothpaste on the aligners because it may scour the plastic which can make them look yellow and dull.
Cleaning Invisalign Trays
The best way to clean your aligners is by gently brushing your aligners with water and rinsing well. Don’t use denture cleaners. Using toothpaste can cause your aligners to yellow over time. A foam cleaner such as EverSmile is better suited for aligners.
Invisalign has proven to be an effective and popular option for orthodontic treatment. It is almost invisible, and compared to traditional braces, they are more comfortable and easier to use. Call our friendly staff and ask us about our great deals on Invisalign.